Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

New IPad tried setting up, Today opened to be asked for

Customer Question
New IPad tried setting...

New IPad tried setting up , Today opened to be asked for password ? Couldn't remember so tried using my usual passwords to no avail , now completely locked out "IPad is Disabled" I am Old and don't have smart phone. Lee

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember setting password ***** did not change.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

D'Oh sorry you are talking to a Tech moron. But no didn't try resetting all I did was try entering with likely past passwords that I use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't have a Mac only PC

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like your iPhone is locked and disabled and you are unable to login to the apple ID and it is asking for Apple username and password. Your Apple ID is normally your email address and we can reset the ID first.

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

Firstly what is the tempory password ***** :
1. finishing my info to you ( Your program wouldn't accept the password ***** I set.), and has my Visa particulars !!!
Or 2. To get into my IPad which is my original problem.
Remember my IPad tells me " IPad is Disabled"when I turn it on.
Lee
One I can't open up my I Pad , all I get is an error message telling me ... I Pad is disabled Connect to I tunes "AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE".
Also $5 and $45 had been debited my account without doing anything

I do understand your problem, If the iPad is disabled, the only possible way is we need to do a reset the iPad. Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings.

Do you have any computer like windows computer or Mac? The reason why I am asking is, If you've synced your device with iTunes in your computer, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.