Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have ipad air. Since some time I can not delete pictures…

Customer Question
I have ipad air...

I have ipad air. Since some time I can not delete pictures or videos. I get

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a backup set up on iTunes or iCloud?

Since some time I can not delete photos from my ipad air. I click the “delete” icon, then I click at “delete ommediately”, but nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: How long ago was your pictures deleted?

The problem is that pictures can NOT be deleted. Since a month perhaps.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Are these pictures in the camera roll or pictures you are syncing from a computer through iTunes?

The pictures are on the ipad camera. I do not have itunes, and no connection to another computer.
No. I would like you to guide me and I would fix it myself. If you can.

Can you try doing a force restart of your iPad.

Press and hold the on/off button and home button down together.

Continue to hold both buttons until the iPad shuts off and the Apple logo appears. When it does let go and wait about 1 minute for the iPad to boot back on.

When it does, see if you can delete the photos. Please reply back to me with the outcome.

I have done this a few times since I have the problem, and it hasn’t helped.

Is your iOS up to date?

I always install the updates. It looks like a bug in the latest update.
The blogs talk about sinc with iTunes as a reason why the delete icon disappears. But I have delete icon, and do not have iTunes.

Do you sync with iCloud your photos?

No, I don’t.

OK, I will opt out and another expert who may have a solution for you will send you a message.