Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to get a new iphone through insurance because my

Customer Question
I had to get...

I had to get a new iphone through insurance because my screen was frozen. I took the new phone to the AT&T store for them to put data from my old phone to my new phone. The technologist helping me said that my iphone had not been backed up but that we could go ahead and he would place everything on my new computer. I would then need to purchase more icloud space, which I did, and that I could transfer the rest of my pictures on the new phone. I have been trying all day to do this. My computer is saying my iphone is locked and won't let me download the pictures. I am very frustrated. I don't want to lose pictures of my grandkids taken over the summer. I need to send the old phone in but I hate to. I can see the pictures on my old phone and don't want to erase them forever!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I've said everything I know to say. The SIM card was taken out of the old phone and the technologist kept it even though I asked him if I would need it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please go to SETTINGS on each phone and check to see if you have the same email address showing on each phone. Please advise. Thank you.