Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a problem with the 2 way authenticator. First, the…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a problem with the 2 way authenticator. First, the verification code is not accepted. Second, the manual does not have an add command. This has me locked out of the group. The second security.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I can not edit my information at a site. It will not accept any of the verification codes and the manual page does not have an add command.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I was using the Apple Ipad Air.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I did not know how to record the barcode, I do not have a Iphone or smart phone. I took a picture of the screen of the barcode page.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

If I read your issue correctly, it sounds like you're having trouble adding new services to an authenticator app. Is that right? And can you let me know which one you're using (i.e. google authenticator, authy, etc.)?

I'm here to help, just drop me a note when you're back and ready to continue troubleshooting.
Just to offer a possible solution (based on your initial comments): it is important that you have the QR barcodes on a different screen from the device on which you're trying to set up two-factor access. It is possible you're trying to set up the code on your iPad and also trying to scan the QR code on that device? If this is the case, you will need to switch to a desktop PC to bring up the QR codes and then scan with the camera on you iPad.

There are other issues we can troubleshoot together - just drop me a note when you're ready.