Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 6s plus is "stuck" on headphones? Its my iPhone 6s…

Customer Question
Hi my iPhone 6s...

Hi my iPhone 6s plus is "stuck" on headphones?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Its my iPhone 6s plus that is stuck but I am typing here on my MacBook air.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My iPhone is updated to iOS 11.1.2

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
This is usually caused by lint or debris getting into the headphone jack.
Try this please.
Try connecting and disconnecting the headphones into the headphone jack a few times and blow into the jack to free any dust. Then press and hold the home button and power button on the iPhone until you see the apple logo. Then check for normal operation.
Yesterday a friend sent a facebook messenger message that she said was someone hacking her account...that sent this video. Stupidly i opened it...and it didn't make sense. I'm afraid this video could have caused a virus? or it's just coincidental that it all happened the same day?I did the above mentioned already. That's what it says to do if you google this problem. It didn't work.
that is most likely a coincidence. Did you do the forced reboot also?
Turn off & on? Yes 3 times
Forced reboot? As in power down?
No, press and hold the home button and power button on the iPhone until you see the apple logo.
Done
No change
Stuck in “headphones” mode still
Okay, that usually means that it is a physical hardware issue. You will need to use canned compressed air to try and force any debris out of the jack next.