Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

QuarkXPress 2016 will not export to pdf. MacBook Pro OS X.

Customer Question
QuarkXPress 2016 will not...

QuarkXPress 2016 will not export to pdf

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Pro OS X

Technician's Assistant: What version of OS X are you running on your MacBook Pro?

10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I am new to Quark so first time for me. Previous fellow that did this project had no problem. I copied his previous file and then modified it and renamed. Much of the content is the same, but approx. half is new.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I honestly don't know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

What occurs when you attempt to export the item to PDF?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I save the Quark file as normal. Then go to File > Export Layout as PDF >
In the dialogue box Save As: "Inheritage December 2017 .pdf". Tags: blank. Where: "Desktop". Pages: "All". PDF Style: "Captured Settings". Check Open PDF After Export.
Dialoge box comes up showing progress through the pages, all looks good until it reaches the end then a box comes up with the message: "unable to create "/users/waynebamber/desktop/inheritage december 2017 .pdf" File".
The only option shown is to click OK and the box closes, no file sreated.
I do not want to authorize remote access. This has already cost more than I expected. Please send the solution so I can correct it myself

I wish that I had the power to know the culprit for every problem out there, but that is not how computer problems work. Every computer problem has a different culprit, which is why I offered the remote connection. That way I could analyze the problem and fix it.

Being that you don't want me to remotely connect, may I ask for any more information that you may have regarding the problem?

Yhe file created in Quark prints fine from Quark to my desktop printer. However, the printer that we use must have it in .pdf format. When I open an older Quark file and go through the same procedure, it does create a .pdf file without any problem. There has to be something in this file that is preventing the creation of the.pdf. For Dummies book is no help. I felt you would be. I have no idea what other information I can supply.

Thank you for the update. I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I solved it myself. I had to rebuild the project one page at a time, saving and exporting until the problem file showed up. I removed the problem pdf file, rebuilt in Photo Shop and inserted the ps file and everything now is ok. There has to be an easier way as everything looked ok in Quark, but the conversion process just quits without giving any explanation as to what or where the problem is. I am disappointed that justanswer could not give me more guidance last night.
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand, I am sorry to read this.

Is there maybe anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff

No. And your website keeps prompting me add remote assistance for more money. I really don't feel I got my money's worth now. I really feel I should get a refund for what I have already paid.
I don't want to rate you, my problem was last night that wasn't resolved. I would have to rate Jason Jones poor.
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand, These pop ups are generated by the website. Again sorry for this.

A refund can be done here:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B