Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a much loved Blackberry Classic, and some how I've…

Customer Question
HI, I have a...

HI, I have a much loved Blackberry Classic, and some how I've either muted it, or it has lost speaker function. I'm stumped, have tried everything, but no sounds play. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your BlackBerry Classic?

10.3.3.1463

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your BlackBerry Classic? What have you tried so far?

About 2 weeks. Well have gone to system settings, have checked notifications, and I belive all is corect there. I think I muted it as I was fumbling to answer a phone call

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 4 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you unmute the Blackberry Classic.

Enable or Disable Silent Profile

1. From the home screen, swipe to and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Tap the Active Profile dropdown.
  4. Tap Silent (to disable silent mode choose any other option e.g. Normal)

Also check to see if you are in meeting mode.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system at the top of the screen to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit.
Thank you for using justanswers and have a great day.

Richard H

Nope, have tried that. Just ran the protocol you sent, no sound at all when back on normal after setting to silentNext idea?

Try this:

Press and hold Q to toggle between silent and normal.

Ok just tried that, when it went to normal no sound :(

Does you blackberry have a headphone jack.

What happens when the headphone jack is used. Do you have sound?

let me go try that few mins, ok?

If the sound is coming from the jack, then it is the speaker. If not then it is muted in the application.

Yeah, I follow you
No, no sound from phones, I grabbed the phone awarkdly answering a call, lost the call and then all sound. Bberry is prestine
I just tried a call and when I hit the mute and then unmute button I heard a very faint doodeep in headphones

Ok so no sound or low sound in the headphones.

Wait one.

No sound at all

Check audio settings

Check the volume settings and adjust as necessary.
You can also increase the default volume for calls. The higher the volume percentage, the louder the volume. To change the default volume for calls, complete the following steps:

For BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0

1. In the phone application, press the Menu key.
  2. Click Options.
  3. Click General Options.
  4. Change the Default Call Volume field.
  5. Press the Menu key.
  6. Click Save.

Have you done a hard reset of the blackberry

This means to:

turn it off

remove the battery

wait ten seconds

insert the battery

turn on the phone

Is the "do not disturb" feature enabled

Have not done hard reset, how to access battery on BBERRY classic? Also, phone application, the menu? Not following the previous instructions,
I need to make an apptment, ty pls send more suggestions
I DO think it is a software issue, love to do a hard reset if poss

How do you take the battery out of a Blackberry?

1. Ensure that the device is powered off.
  2. Using the notch, lift then remove the battery cover.
  3. Remove the battery as shown. If applicable, refer to Insert the Battery.
  4. Replace the battery cover. Press in on the battery cover (where the notch is located) until it clicks into place
Where do I find do not disturb setting?
  • On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
  • Tap Settings > Notifications.
  • In the Active Profile drop-down list, tap Do Not Disturb.
Have tried all but hard reset, any further suggestions? Is there a way to reinstall the OS?
I ask because when I go to charge, it gives me a "use the cord that came with your bb" dialog, even though I am using the BlackBerry cord and charger, so something in OS is not right

I will continue to search but so far one of the solution to the sound issue is to conduct a hard reset.

Mike, Mac Medic