Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Sometime after I moved I had to get a new email provider, my…

Customer Question
Sometime after I moved...

Sometime after I moved I had to get a new email provider, my email address was changed. For sometime I haven't been able to access my Bose with my iPad because I can't sign in to iTunes.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

On my computer

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have my Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

All I want to do is listen to music

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
that didn't do anything - i still have to sign in with my old defunct email address
is anyone there?
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

You'll need to reset your existing password ***** you've forgotten it and then you can update your email address afterwards.

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once signed in you will be able to add your current email address, verify it, and remove the old one.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I just missed your call

I didn't try calling you. Were you offered a phone call while trying to reset your password?

Someone said they'd call - I'm so confused & frustrated I could scream!

I'm sorry you are frustrated but I certainly understand. Did you get a message from someone here that indicated they would call or you received this message on the Apple site?

You don't understand, I'm being prompted to enter my OLD email DEFUNCT email address,***@******.*** & they'll email me back... That's never going to happen - Comcast doesn't even operate in this part of the state!

Yes I do understand. I think it's important to make a distinction here; Your Apple ID is *named* the same as your email address whether the email address is still valid or not. This becomes a problem if they aren't kept updated, if you can no longer sign in with the ID and password.

However, as previously stated you should have the option to reset the password ***** using your email ACCOUNT going by the directions I gave previously. This is intended specifically for cases such as your where the old email address is no longer accessible.

If you can not answer security questions, etc... then as an alternative, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password ***** you will need to be able to prove ownership of the account in some way.