Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone is not powering up like it should. it will not…

Customer Question
My iPhone is not...

My iPhone is not powering up like it should. it will not load pass the apple logo. Its been getting overheated. I've had the geek squad at best buy to do a diagnostics test and do a hard reset/reboot. Nothing has changed. I still have 10 of warranty left and I'm thinking the phone may just need to be replaced

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

I have. I have even tried to force a restart (pressing the volume down, home and sleep/wake for 10 seconds), that hasn't worked either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The apple logo comes on and goes off. it come back on and it was completely reset. I tried to set the phone back up and do a restore from the iCloud, it just went back to the apple logo

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Do you have iTunes software installed on your computer?
Hi Randy, I apologize. I currently do not have iTunes installed.
Okay, you can restore the iPhone with iTunes if you want. It may also save your pics and data as well.
Go to iTunes.com and download/install the software then connect the iPhone and let me know what happens please.
Did that work for you?
No. It freezes up. I can’t make phone calls nor answer incoming calls... when i try to shut it down it won’t. Coming back on it get stuck in the Apple logo
Were you able to restore the iPhone using iTunes?
It wouldn’t restore

Ok