Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received an email at from "[email protected] advising a…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email at***@******.*** from "*****@******.*** advising a charge of 49.99 which is not a charge I made. I called apple at #***-***-**** and they are trying to sell me security for $140.00 per year of $299.00 for lifetime. is this legit? Judy Dwyer

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I'm an old lady and am not savy to do that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This email is not legit at all and 100% a scam. You can safely delete the email and disregard it. There have been a lot of these going around lately so if you receive any more just delete them.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.