Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iTunes account no longer accepts the password. Not sure.

Customer Question
My iTunes account no...

My iTunes account no longer accepts the password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Just typing in my password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That I'm not very computer savy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You have to change your apple password ***** get back into your itunes account if you forgot it.

Getting it to change will depend on what method you used. If you used email/security questions:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use two factor method to get in.
  2. Enter your Apple ID.
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:
    • To answer your security questions, select "Answer security questions" and follow the rest of the steps.
    • To get email instead, select "Get an email." To reset your password, use the email that we send to your recovery email.
    • If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two step or two factor to recover instead.

You can go here if you need to use the two step or the two factor method.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

If you cannot do this or need help. Do NOT rate yet. Just reply with error and/or results back to me.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I didn't forget my password, it just quit taking it

What error does it say when you say 'quit' taking it?

If it is not taking the password, you will need to reset the password ***** try to log in again.

Where you able to reset the password ***** log in again?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin