Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I turn on my iPad I have to enter my password before it…

Customer Question
When I turn on...

When I turn on my iPad I have to enter my password ***** it will open, why.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do it.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The reason for this is someone has enabled the screenlock on it

Are you able to get past the screenlock on the iPad?

No

Ok, can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me if it then allows you to use it please