Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did the most recent update to iOS. My passcode was 4

Customer Question
I did the most...

I did the most recent update to iOS. My passcode was 4 numbers, after a restarting it - it's now asking for a 6 number passcode

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think I've ever changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Once I connect my phone to the computer, it is asking for a passcode. I cant get past that screen

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It will always show up to 6 digits as it can accept a passcode between 4-6 digits.

If you enter your normal passcode in, what then happens?

Nothing. It just waits for me to enter the additional 2 digits

ok.. can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if you can then unlock it please

No - I do not want to remotely account