Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I tried to install the latest update and now when I do a…

Customer Question
I tried to install...

I tried to install the latest update and now when I do a hard reset the only thing I get is the apple logo and then it goes away

Technician's Assistant: What Apple model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Ipohne6s I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

Since last night - I tried a hard reset and then I tried to restore from iTunes but nothing is working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just please fix it and thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the phone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it now functions, please.

does not restart

When you held both of the buttons, did you see the Apple Logo show?

Please let me know

No, you have already charged me $36, just tell me what to do
thanks

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

the apple logo showed for just a second

ok, do you have a computer available there with iTunes installed?

this one

ok, connect the phone to your computer and open itunes

Tell me what iTunes says please

as soon as I connected my iPhone to my computer, iTunes said there was a problem and to restore

Ok, you will need to try to restore it, choose this option and let me know the results please

Thank you

ok

Thank you

it says it is restoring and will let me know when it is complete - how long do you think this should take

It can take 20 minutes to a few hours depending on your internet speed

okay thanks

you are welcome

I received error 3194

Can you connect it to a different USB port on the computer and try to do it again please

I can connect my hub to this computer and try it again, this is the only computer I have

I am referring to the iPhone, connect that to a different USB port and try to restore it again please

okay

Thank you

I again received the error the iPhone could not be restored error 3194

Can you restart the computer and try please

Thanks