Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an apple Ipad through Verizon and I forgot my

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an apple Ipad through Verizon and I forgot my password ***** cannot get into my Ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A while ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No will my apple id be the same as my passcode because my apple id is much longer. how do i get apple online support

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you very much

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your iPad asking for the (4-digit / 6-digit) Passcode? Or is your iPad asking for the Apple ID password? Or the Wi-Fi / wireless password? etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

6 digit passcode

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon (or small circle icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Thank you

You're welcome. Do you have time to try the solution now? Do have a Windows or Mac computer? Thank you.

I have a mac computer
Mac Air

Thank you. Can you please try the following steps now:

1. Open the iTunes app on your Mac computer. (in Finder > Applications.)
  2. Connect the iPad to the Mac computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program on the Mac computer shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon (or small circle icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes app on the Mac computer in order to see the download progress.

- Do you get the Restore option when trying the above steps?

I will try tomorrow morning I am too tired now follow your instructions.

OK. Please get back to me tomorrow to continue. I'm available tomorrow starting noon 12PM Pacific time. Good night! Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule another time. Thank you.