Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I change the format on my mac book pro fro pdf to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] How do...

Second opinion] How do I change the format on my mac book pro fro pdf to png?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

I am vert computer illiterate. May be High sierra version10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I live in Ecuador and I am trying to send picture of items I have for sale and the receiving party says the format of the picture needs to be png, jpg, gif, jpeg, or tif all of my picture are pdf. Is there an easy way to change from pdf to png on may mac book pro not sure of the operating system

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Well, you have a couple options on how to do this. You can either take screenshots of each page of the .pdf as then the mac puts these screenshots on your desktop as a .png picture file. Then you can send these files as .png. TO do so you can do the following:

Option # 1 Open the pdf you want to take screenshots of:

• ON the keyboard do the following combination: command + shift + 4
  • If you do the combination successfully, your mouse cursor turns into a cross so you can then select what you need to take a screenshot of.
  • Highlight the area with your mouse and then let go and it automatically puts the screen shot .png file on your desktop

Option # 2

Another option is to go to a website like http://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-png/ and follow the 4 steps to convert the .pdf file to .png. If this site for some reason does not work you can always search google for "convert pdf to png" and there are a lot. I have used this one before which is why I am offering to you.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.