Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone says it is disabled. I can't get in. Verizon can't…

Customer Question
My iPhone says it...

My iPhone says it is disabled. I can't get in. Verizon can't help me.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not too long ago but it wouldn't take it. I had to buy a new phone and used that ID and it took it---I want all the data off the old phone.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I don't even know what you are talking about

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have never even used a password ***** recently when, for whatever reason, I had to have one. Next I knew it was disabled and the more I try to get in the longer is the time in between so I gave up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

I don't have iCloud and know I should, but don't. If I could get beyond it being disabled I could do it. If you can connect with my device as suggested below I am willing to do that if you think that would help
No, I don't want to spend more money at this point.
where are you ????

I understand you concern,Since we cannot do a backup on your iPhone because it is disabled and we cannot access the phone and we can only restore the phone, Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings.

Is there anyway an Apple store can connect my old phone to my new phone and transfer the data?
Certainly there must be some way to get my contacts out of this old phone in to my new phone
Something like a phone to phone transfer, not thru ICloud

Do you have any computers like windows or Mac? So that we can login to the iCloud account and we can check if there is any contacts is backed up or not. Could you please tell me whether your new iPhone is disabled or your old iPhone is disabled?

No ICloud
old phone is disabled, new is not

Do you have apple ID which is associated with your old iPhone?

I'm just not satisified with your response. Please credit back my card what I've paid.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience, The reason why I asked you the previous question is we can login to the iCloud account and we can retrieve your data but if you aren't satisfied with the service, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support