Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MY PROBLEM IS I WAS GIVEN A COUPLE YEARS AGO AN IPAD FOR…

Customer Question
HI GOOD AFTERNOON, MY...

HI GOOD AFTERNOON, MY PROBLEM IS I WAS GIVEN A COUPLE YEARS AGO AN IPAD FOR CHRISTMAS,FORGET THE APPLE ID AND PASSWORD ***** CAN I DO,MY IPAD IS LOCKED BY MISTAKE MY GRANDSON TOUCH IT NEED HELP TO GET IT ON

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

THATS MY PROBLEM CANT REMEMBER

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

DONT THINK SO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

NOT REALLY JUST NEED HELP

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You can get your Apple ID back. Just follow this process, slowly, patiently, it will be recoverable:

1. To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

2. Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

If this answers your question, by and by, please let me know, in Reply To Expert, on this (your question's page):

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/atw2z-problem-given-couple-years-ago-ipad.html

HI RUSSEL H ,I SAW MY ACCOUNT,BUT DID NOT SEE MY IPAD, IS A ICLOUD APPLE ID AT THE TIME

OK. Good. Now with your Apple ID, you should be able to recover your password ***** then with both Apple ID and password, you should be able to recover access to your iPad (which may not be listed, admittedly, in your account. Esp. if never registered to that Apple ID - ? - or if registered to someone else - ?)