Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Connected my iMac (27 inch, late2013, OS X 10.11.16) to my…

Customer Question
Connected my iMac (27...

Connected my iMac (27 inch, late2013, OS X 10.11.16) to my new SAMSUNG UN40MU6290FXZA). Got a beautiful picture of my computer screen for a few minutes.using HDMI to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. No longer connects. The HDMI seems to recognize a cable is plugged in but says there is no signal

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iMac?

Looks like 12.1.7.14

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Tried rebooting several times including updates

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you connect the TV to a different source such as a cable box or DVD player, does it still display from there?

Please let me know

Thank you

Thank you

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then tell me how it then connects please

Did as suggested. No improvement. Rebooted, confirmed on same network. Hit option key in monitorpreferences No improvement. Bought app Mirror for Samsung TV . app works- mirrors iMac screen on Samsung TV but has known 3 second delay so I still want to

ok, the next cause can be a faulty cable, can you try a different cable and tell me if that then works please.

If you do not have a cable try it on a different Mac

Let me know the results please