Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MY internet provider address will not stay permanent. Every…

Customer Question
MY internet provider address...

MY internet provider address will not stay permanent. Every time I log on the community unsecured wifi comes on as my server not my home wifi. I put my wifi at the top of the list in the advanced area but when i log on all the surrounding wifi are alphabetical. When I click on my wifi it will stay as long as I work on the computer but the next time that I log on it switches to the community wifi again. How do I prevent this.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Changed my Apple ID this summer

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know how to do this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the wifi router you have, please?

Thank you