Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm sitting here at my desktop iMac, trying to find my way…

Customer Question
Good morning! I'm sitting...

Good morning! I'm sitting here at my desktop iMac, trying to find my way back to a functional Skype session, I've gotten all perplexed by the upgrade to a newer version of Skype. I have been using it successfully, weekly, for at least a couple of years now, with maybe a dozen contacts. At this time, I need to successfully complete a Skype session scheduled for 12:30 PM today. (It's now 10:40 AM). My wife has a Mac Book Pro, and our devices are synched for printing. We both have Skype accounts, which are separate, and don't need to be synched. Let's start there, OK? (Though I do think this would be more efficient by phone-- I'm at ***********).

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I was trying to do that this morning. I think I successfully updated my wife'a account, not mine. She is Meredith ******, aka *************; password ************

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you updated yor Skype on that MAC?

Please dont provide personal passwords here.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I know I've referred to this before, but I'll say it again. Couldn't you tie up one consultant for 20 minutes talking to me on the phone, and untangling these 2 accounts? My number is ****************. I need to Skype at 12:30 pm, it's now 11. Oh, come on already. I want this fixed now; I don't want to pay any more than necessary. I already put a deposit on Visa that should be refunded when and if fixed. Phone?

Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand, I am currently unavailable for phone calls.

What I can suggest, that I remotely connect, free of charge to get this solved.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

OK
My wife is printing any minute from her Mac
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Great!

If you are on a MAC computer, Click this link

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer.dmg

A program called Teamviewer will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, a blank screen will show but the file is downloading to your computer).

Run the Teamviewer download and it shows you an ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password here please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

How are we going?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff