Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad pu is telling me that it is on activation lock, I…

Customer Question
My ipad...

My ipad pu is telling me that it is on activation lock, I have put my codes in and they say they say they aren't right

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

My ipad is telling me I have the wrong password. how do I reset it?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, my ipad all of a sudden told my is was on activation lock & it wouldn't take my password

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can remove activation lock remotely using the internet.

1. Go to iCloud.com on your browser.
  2. Click Find My iPhone on the iCloud website, from any web browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
  3. Sign in to your iCloud account when prompted.
  4. If you're not immediately taken to Find My iPhone, click on Find My iPhone from the Home menu.
  5. Click on All Devices at the top of the Find My iPhone screen.

6. Click the device you'd like to erase.
  7. Click Erase (device) on the upper right of the screen, beneath the picture of your device.
  8. Click Erase and wait for confirmation that it's been erased.
  9. Click on Remove from Account.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Computer Engineer