Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cant unlock my i pod. I bought it used at a pawn shop. Not…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i cant...

Second opinion] i cant unlock my i pod

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I bought it used at a pawn shop

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Ok

Apple devices are locked in 2 ways. Either by a 4 to 6 digit passcode which can be bypassed or locked by an apple id and password. Therefore let me know which one but if it is the apple id and password ***** the previous user then the only way to get that information is by contacting the pawn shop and see if they can get a hold of the user who sold it to them. Then they can either get the apple id and password ***** them or if they do not feel comfortable telling the pawn shop the password. The pawn shop can tell them to do the following to unlock the ipad:

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

No not happy with everything going on give me a refund

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Just trying to help and letting you know your options. The only other option would have to call apple but you would have to show proof that you are the original owner which if you got it at the pawn shop that is why I told you your only option. BUt for some reason since your not happy with my help and that I can't break Apple's security myself, here is the customer service info for any refund you may need. Thanks for your time and good luck.

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.