Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple ID has been disabled. Having trouble resetting it.

Customer Question
My apple ID has...

My apple ID has been disabled. Having trouble resetting it. Have changed password ***** now do not remember which one I have used. have not tried to change my Apple ID at all.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Just tried a minute ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I cloud also asks for my password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try recovering the password ***** as follows:

with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

Then when that is done, and you have a new password, try waiting 10 minutes before using it.

But if you are only sent a 'password *****' link, use that link at once, then wait 10 minutes before using the reset password ***** but not longer, if it is a temporary password.

I went through this same exercise yesterday and was to get a call today at 1 PM but it did not happen.

No call came in? are you sure it wasn't supposed to be a text message, and have you gotten such a text message?

I will wait until tomorrow and see.

Who were you to get a call from, by the way, if you care to mention it?

Apple support and I did not get a text message.

I'm sorry to hear that. If Apple Support fails to call you, then though it is regrettable, you may have to try other approaches.

Have you tried going through the process I recommended?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more help, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)