syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

All of a sudden Safari won't open aol mail because it says

Customer Question

All of a sudden Safari won't open aol mail because it says it can't find a secure server
JA: When could you last open your Safari?
Customer: About one hour ago
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I read that AOL was going to not allow certain devices to access mail unless something was done but I don't have that information to do so.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is taking so long
Expert:  syseng replied 11 months ago.

My name is David.

AOL may have updated information on their web site that does not match information stored temporarily in Safari. To resolve the issue do the following:

Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data.
Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.

Close and reopen Safari and try connecting to AOL to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Expert:  syseng replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need assistance?