Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Itunes error code 0xE8000015. Ipad is disabled. Plugged ipad…

Customer Question
Itunes error code 0xE8000015 ...

Itunes error code 0xE8000015

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Ipad is disabled

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Plugged ipad into computer and brought up itunes as directed got itunes error code 0xE8000015

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
not sure when I last updated itunes
using a pc
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

windows 10
no
i think I found what to do -- need to reset ipad and connect to itunes
I see itunes connected right now

First you have to start with your actual pc.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204095

Windows

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
  3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

You can make sure you are on the most current update of itunes here.

Turn your phone off.

Open iTunes in you computer

Press and hold home button while plug it with the computer and release the home button once you see the itune and cable sign on the screen. Same time you ll see you phone is connected to itune and will ask for restore or update. I would suggest you to restore it. But you can try updating it first in order to save your data. Don't unplug it until the process finished.

Did you say your device is disabled as well?

I would suggest syncing your ipad first, with itunes on your computer. This will make a backup that we will need later on in these repair steps.

Heres how https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Once you have synced the ipad, next.. We need to restore the ipad to factory default settings.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Once complete.. last of all, we just need to restore your data from a backup.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

That page shows you how to restore from icloud and itunes as well..

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know! And if all goes well please remember to return and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

That will help you with resetting ipad, but MAKE SURE you know the id/password ***** is associated with and you can use it

to set back up the ipad. It will not take an new id. It will want the old one previously set up.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin