Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It's stuck. i can't get to menu. first page of book i

Customer Question
It's stuck. i can't...

It's stuck. i can't get to menu. first page of book i downloaded covers screen and no matter where i tap, i can't get anything else on screen. i've closed app and opened it again several times but nothing changed

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I have kindle app on my iPad; don't have an e-reader so i might be at the wrong place to get help!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No but will do that right now!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but thank you!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Try this on the ipad:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work try double tapping the home button at the bottom of the iPad and see if you can swipe the app that is causing this issue straight up (away) and see if it lets you out of the app.

THere is more we can try but those are the easiest first..

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

i answered earlier but not sure you got my reply. yes i've done that but get the same thing when i open app again
i'm not getting any responses to my last reply. ????

OK, then the issue could be the app. What is the name of the app and then I can look into it. Either way, I would then delete the app and then reinstall the app. If it keeps doing this issue within the app then it may be an issue with the app itself. To delete the app, hold your finger on the app icon until the icons shake and touch the "x" in the top left corner. Then open the app store and search for the app to install again. Since you have already download it, the icon may not say install but instead show a cloud icon. Touch that and it will reinstall.

it's the regular KINDLE app. i'm nervous about deleting it b/c i have so many kindle books on it, and afraid i'll lose them if i delete and reinstall the app?

But doesn't the kindle app allow you to sign into your account with a username and password. If thats the case then you should be fine. Let me know.

Did you already make sure the kindle app is completely up to date? If you open the app store on your ipad and then go to the "updates" section and see if there is an update to do for the kindle app.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast