Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an i-phone 6 SE that is new in the last month. It was…

Customer Question
I have an i-phone...

I have an i-phone 6 SE that is new in the last month. It was working fine but now the ringer does not ring. It may have switched to mute while in my pocket, but I can't get it back to normal. HELLLLLLP! :)

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I updated it to the latest operating system about 2 weeks ago. I-phone 6SE.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Going on for about 3-4 days. I tried a "hard re-start" by pushing the on button at the top at the same time as I pushed the Home key at the bottom. I have also tried going into settings and I changed the ring tone but neither helped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It is an I-phone, NOT A MAC.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 4 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you.

I will be checking the mute option. When you go to setting, does the phone show mute?

I would like to know if you can look at this issue:

Fix 1: Turn on data

Though wired to earbut this fix Iphone 6 is muting speakerphone automatically.

- Reset the phone(hold down home and power buttons until the apple logo appears)

- Turned off"hand off" (settings -> General -> Handoff & suggestedapps)

- Turned off voiceover LTE (VoLTE). This is the one I think is least likely to be causing theissue, but I tried it anyways. (settings -> cellular -> enable LTE ->Data Only)

Fix 2: Clear the ports on phone

Whenone of the user approached the Apple customer care after a long discussionApple seems to reply with clearing the calling ports of the iphone, user had atiny piece of clear film over the mic next to the headphone socket. Peeled itoff & all seems to work since then.

Please rate me for the time and effort on this questions at the top of this page.

If I have answered your questions, please rate me 5 stars

Please cancel my "free trial". I am not happy with the slow response and difficulty in contacting you !!! I expect that there will be no charge for this "service". I got a solution from another source.

Please contact 1(###) ###-####for the cancellation.

R Hefner
R Hefner