Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My i pad is not charging anymore. Were i can get this info.

Customer Question
My i pad is...

My i pad is not charging anymore

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Were i can get this info

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

2 day i shut it down end tried again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Charging issues are usually related to the charger cord having either damaged wires internally or the connector or socket needing cleaning.

First, use a flashlight to inspect the inside of the socket where you plug in the charger. Oftentimes, lint and debris get stuck in the socket so that the charger connector cannot seat properly in the socket so that the iPad does not charge. Use a toothpick or similarly shaped plastic tool and poke inside the socket and gently remove any debris.

Then once you are certain there is no more debris in the socket, use either steel wool or very fine sandpaper to polish debris from the metal strips on the end of the charger connector. Once all the metal strips are clean and shiny, plug the charger cord into the iPad and test to see if the iPad starts charging.

If the iPad still does not charge try again to clean both socket and connector. If the iPad still does not charge, plug the charger cord USB connector end into a computer just in case the charger block is defective and see if the iPad starts charging.

If still not charging, replace the charger cord as wires inside the cord are most likely defective. You can get a charger cord at a local computer store such as Best Buy or online such as at the link below:

click here

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.