Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to sign in with my Apple id and my password, but…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to sign in with my Apple id and my password, but my account has some kind of security lock on it. So I am being directed to reset my account. But of course I can't, because there is a security lock on the account. And I never received a Recovery Key. What now?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

On November 19, at a Verizon store. The Verizon tech person walked me through it. I am 65 years old, and not tech savvy.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. Many times. I get stuck in the circular trap I described above.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I am doing all this because I am trying to send material to for Apple review regarding case number *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris