Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

All of my devices are old - I am having problems downloading…

Customer Question
All of my devices...

All of my devices are old - I am having problems downloading protected ibooks from Netgalley. My phone 5S, ipad very old, desktop 2009.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

5.1.1.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I had no problem with old ibooks - just since the protected files have been coming out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Mobi files download to my phone for the most part. I only move them to the Kindle if they contain photos or art. It is the new protected ibooks that will not load on any device.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since netgalley went to protected Ebook files. I have no problem with mobi files on any of my devices, but ascm files will not download even to my cloud.

What's the error message it is giving you?

does not give me an error message. Simple downloads one page of gibberish.
do NOT want to update to remote assistance!

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team or renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

AGAIN - DO NOT want remote assistance!
I somply need to know what I need to do to download protected ebooks!

Hi

You clicked on the secure remote button

Thanks

Kris

Just trying to find a way to answer you - Do NOT want remote assistant. Can you help me?

OK no problem.

So we will continue with the Q&A only? $5 + base charges

already payed that before I began talking to you.

Are you aware of the base costs you paid?

Nope, just $5 as far as I know

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris