Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Safari screen is split in two. How do I restore it to one…

Customer Question
Safari screen is split...

Safari screen is split in two. How do I restore it to one site at a time?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

What do you men?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Safari?

Dragging it, closing one side, nothing works. It just pulled up this way

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m not real computer savvy.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
What device is it? iPad or a Mac?
Thank you
Vinod
Ipad air
Thank you
Let’s go to settings - general - multitasking and turn off “allow multiple apps”.
Let me know if that helps
If that does not work, open safari. Then pinch and zoom out on one of the split view screen. Then click on the close button to close it.
Let me know.