Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Installed high sierra and when i tried to log on, password…

Customer Question
Installed high sierra and...

Installed high sierra and when i tried to log on, password ***** denied. Then when I tried to sign in with my iPad info, i was told there is no record of me with Apple! I really need help!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think my husband might have done this, but he has cognitive impairment and remembers nothing about the computer!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I’m not really proficient, but I’ll definitely try! Do I need any specific instructions?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so, but thank you for your help!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Have you already tried the "I forgot my Apple ID password" option? (to reset it)

You do realize that I am talking with you on my iPad?
I can’t tell if I have connected to “securely connect.”

Please disregard the auto pop…it’s from the company (not me)

This is the most confusing site! I did try to reset the password, but when I typed in my husband’s name and the password ***** have used for about 12 years, I’m told they have no one like that in the system; furthermore, when Intried to use my iPad on which I am chatting with you, they claim I’m not in the system either!

email address that you are trying to recover?

Since I am not getting a reply from Damien and my husband needs assistance, I’m going to sign off and maybe I’ll try tomorrow. So far I’m not impressed with “Just Answer”!

You're not getting a reply from me? (I just replied)

I am the one not getting answers to my questions so I can help you along

I have tried everything I know to try! The e-mail in question is***@******.***. When i tried to use it, I was told it was unavailable!

but I am on my way out the door right now and will have to contact you later.

I would have been able to walk you through that...but if you already did that...then disregard

You would need to take your issue straight to an Apple store at this point

Would you like their number nearest you?

If so...what is your City and State?

I know where our Apple store is and will make contact tomorrow.

Excellent