Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My number key board is locked on the left side .I am locked…

Customer Question
My number key board...

My number key board is locked on the left side .I am locked out because I can't enter the number 1 on my pasword. It will take my email but not myPassword. I have two I pads do they each have separate pass codes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure how to do that and am afraid I will make it worse

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Does each I pad have it's own pass word

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart

Ok I have done this and still can't unlock The I pad. I am using another I pad to send these messages

Do you see the number 1 on your keyboard?

This is an apple Ipad

Yes, I know.

Do you see the number 1 on the iPad on-screen keyboard?

No I do it want to pay another $35 dollars. I want to know how to unlock the number keys. But theI pad is Locked

Are you not sure how to bring up the numbers?

Open the keyboard and press the 123 button in the lower left hand corner

I have the numbers on the key board but the left side is not working

Flip the keyboard back to the letters

Check to see if the letters work in the same location as the numbers

Not on the left side

If nothing on the left hand side will work then your screen needs to be replaced.

How do you do that?

You will need to go into an Apple store or find a local repair shop that fixes iPhone/iPads to replace the screen/digitzer.

Could it be because I have a screen protector
Approx cost?

It should cost around $100-$125

No thank you no more money to spend

It should cost around $100-$125

NO

No what?

No I don't want you to charge my account with anything.
RefundNow

I am glad to hear that I was able to answer your questions for you but disappointed that you would still like a refund even though you were given the answer to your issue.

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****