Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

With one of the latest "updates" installed to my Mac, I

Customer Question
With one of the...

With one of the latest "updates" installed to my Mac, I gained a "friend" named "Other. . ." on my login screen. Previously, I've been able to delete him from the users list and he dutifully went away. Now, whatever I try, regardless of what I delete, the little bastard remains. I don't want him on MY computer, I don't like him, and he needs to be gone. Thanks for being tolerant of my rant but this really annoys me.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't know, it's been quite some time.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I don't even know what that is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Is there anybody out there?
Hello, I thought someone was waiting. Did we get disconnected or something?
Ok. It has been a half an hour since we started this process. NO ONE HAS RESPONDED!!!!!! I was told someone was waiting to help me but obviously they went to get a turkey sandwich. So, here I am, the turkey, waiting for someone, no one, whatever. Two minutes more and I am done
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Donna French, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Mac Enthusiast

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review your issue.

Do you know what version of the Mac OS you are using?

Please follow the instructions located here for adding/deleting users: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25796?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

If you are using a different version of the Mac OS than Sierra please let me know so that I can help you.

This was too little too late and just plain wrong. I wasted a half hour for NOTHING. I had already tried all that and it didn’t work. I gave up hearing from you when I was told you were waiting for me and then you didn’t respond for more than half an hour. Apple went elsewhere in my computer and fixed it. And they didn’t bill me or make me wait for NOTHING.You did nothing but waste my time because you obviously couldn’t be bothered. DO NOT BILL ME.