Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I updated my iphone and it asked for my e-mail address> when…

Customer Question
I updated my iphone...

I updated my iphone and it asked for my e-mail address> when I typed it in it said it wasn't my address.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

)08

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

1 year. I tried creating a 2nd address, but that didn't work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What verision is your iphone and is it an apple id as an email you are using when you set up the phone?

Did you ever use it with itunes/icloud to sync?

no
does Apple automatically give you an e-mail addres> if so I didn't know it

Yes, you apparently set your phone up with one if it is asking you for that. Go here and try this first.

So we can see if we can find an address to recover.

Try to enter the email you 'think' it is.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354

if you have an email with them, it will let you move on. If it is wrong, they will say they dont recognize you.

Tell me the results when done.