Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im travelling and my iphone screen is

Customer Question
Im travelling and my...

Im travelling and my iphone screen is 'supportapple.com/iphone/restore

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

In the night maybe within the last 2-3 hours. I tried hold the on off and the round button at the same time. I get the apple logo and immediately it returns to the support...etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help i am on business and the phone is my office

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a computer with you at the moment?

Please let me know

Thank you

iphone frozen supportapple.com/iphone/restore

Thanks, ***** ***** that

Please let me know

Thank you

tried holding on off and round button down for 10 seconds apple icon comes on for a second and reverts to the frozen
help

Ok, it seems you are not responding to the question I keep sending to you

It there a reason for this?

i have my computer with me thats what im typing on

ok.. is itunes installed on it?

shoot new as of two days ago I'll check
not sure...
i not sure this is helpful
i cant findit
all password ***** are on my frozen iphone

Not sure what is helpful sorry?

I am finding communications here difficult with you.... as I am getting unclear responses.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

lets try this way first

ok, but then please provide short and concise answers to my questions...

Again, is itunes unstalled on the computer?

itunes i think is installed

please check...

how i look and have apple store is that what you mean

No, not apple Store, iTunes, installed on the computer.

this is not helpful as I just purchased this computer two days ago Where do I look for itunes

In your list of programs, on the computer

it is downloaded now

ok, install it, tell me when you have

i have its downloading but taking another 20 minutes

thanks

i read online that if you can change restore to update on iphone that would work... but how is this possible if screen is frozen

We will go one step at a time

its installed

ok, open it and connect the phone to the computer

Tell me what iTunes then says please

challenge it is sending me a text and i cant access my phone

In order to sign in? If so, then you can choose a different recovery method using your security questions.

i tried using hotel phone and that didnt work as the front desk transfered the call and then nothing..

Ok, I am not clear what this message means sorry..

Did you do my last instructions?

i did lets forget this for now.. I have to catch a flight

What were the results of the last instructions?

C6KT305EGRYH iphone does that help

Yes, it means the mainboard in the phone has failed, this we have now confirmed.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you at any Apple Store you can get to

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ok thank you

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer