Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad is disabled. Password was entered to many times. The…

Customer Question
Ipad is disabled. Password...

Ipad is disabled. Password ***** entered to many times. The device is not backed up and my mother does not want to lose her great grandson's picture. How to I back up and how do I enable ipad?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We changed her apple ID last night

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that is enough damage for today, fingers crossed.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you now know the correct password ***** use Liz?

Passcode to open iPad or Apple ID password?

It was asking you for the Apple ID password ***** it got disabled or screen lock password?

Screen locked password ***** *****

Was It was asking you for the Apple ID password ***** it got disabled or screen lock password?

Did newest update and then it asked for password ***** always and it just would no accept. Kept telling me iPad disabled for 15 mins. and now it say iPad disabled connect to iTunes

ok, then I believe you are referring to the apple id

connect it to itunes and tell me what itunes says

It does not give me an iTunes option to enter password
I can enter Apple ID no problem
Apple ID on computer

Do you have itunes installed on your computer?

I hooked up iPad to computer and I cannot access iTunes. It just scrolls like forever.

Restart the computer and try to access itunes

Did that
Tried again this am no luck

you cannot open iTunes on the computer?

iTunes Apple account yes. Looking at my account settings now

No it is iTunes the program

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard

please remote
How

Please accept the request and I can connect

I accept

You need to click on accepting the premium service

Wow can’t get back to that screen. Needing assistance

The screen is right here... you just click accept on the popup for the premium service

On my cell and all I see is our conversation

yes, please accept the service request so I can connect.

Mike, Mac Medic