Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm locked out of my phone. It will not accept my ID and…

Customer Question
I'm locked out of...

I'm locked out of my phone. It will not accept my ID and password. It's an Activation Lock.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Some time ago. But the phone won't take it. I'm fairly sure of my password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

After you have reset your password ***** you try this new password ***** your phone and it doesn't work right away, try and restart the phone first and make sure your connected to wifi.

To restart your phone you can try this depending on your iphone model:

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.