Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

3 year-old ipad indicates ipad is disabled. need to enable…

Customer Question
3 year-old ipad indicates ipad...
3 year-old ipad indicates ipad is disabled. need to enable it. Which tech will stay on the line? rl
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

way to go, Jon. rl
no

Well, the iPad can be locked out by either a passcode and apple id password ***** both. You can bypass the passcode by some steps I will show you below. However, if you need to bypass the passcode, you have to erase all the data in order to bypass the passcode. You are not able to "reset" passcodes only bypass.

If you also feel that you have also forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Here is how to bypass the passcode steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. You should see an itunes icon and the charge cord showing on the screen if you are in recovery mode.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

I hope some of this helps but let me know if you need help along the way. HOpe this gets you started on the right path. Happy Holidays! :)

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.