Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am locked out of my new iphone as i could not remember the

passcode. how can i...
i am locked out of my new iphone as i could not remember the passcode. how can i change or recover my password
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: in the last hour, I purchased a new phone today
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no,as I did not know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all, thank you
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
IPhone 7
11/24/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Well, the iPad can be locked out by either a passcode and apple id password ***** both. You can bypass the passcode by some steps I will show you below. However, if you need to do so, you have to erase all the data in order to bypass the passcode. You are not able to "reset" passcodes only bypass.

If you also feel that you have also forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Here is how to bypass the passcode steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. You should see an itunes icon and the charge cord showing on the screen if you are in recovery mode.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

I hope some of this helps but let me know if you need help along the way. HOpe this gets you started on the right path. Happy Holidays! :)

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I did the bypass the passcode steps to restore my IPhone. It did take quite some time to complete. I was not asked to download the file & open it. I still cannot open my IPhone.

Then something happened a long the way, do you mind if I connect to your computer while we go thru the steps together. If it was in recovery mode in step 4 and if itunes did what it was suppose to it should have worked. That way I can watch the entire process with you. Let me know.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
please connect to my computer

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following:

1. Click this link: https://join.zoho.com/549776041

2. Click the “download’ button

3. Open the downloaded file

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Am I to run the file

Yes please, once it downloads you would need to open it and there is a red "z" icon to double click it and then we will connect :)

Just some notes from our remote assist :

Connected and has windows 7

The iphone can be recognized which is good

Has itunes 12.7

first has the passcode so we need to bypass

plugged into computer and opened itunes

put phone into recovery mode and then itunes was able to do the restore process.

then after that we were able to go thru the setup screens on the phone after it restarted.

Also demonstrated how to backup the phone to the computer and do a back up and restore so incase something happens they know how to backup and restore.

Very nice to work with. Take care.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast