Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mac shows me a picture of a file and a blinking question…

Customer Question
My mac shows me...

My mac shows me a picture of a file and a blinking question mark???

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Crome

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

One hour so far

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try this please.
Press and hold the power button on the Mac for 10 seconds, then release. Then press again to power on, and immediately press and hold the command key, option key and r key at the same time until you hear the chime. Then choose reinstall os. If that fails try powering completely off again and power on while holding command key and the r key at the same time. Then choose reinstall os.