Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The screen on my Apple Phone 7 of recent calls is completely…

Customer Question
The screen on my...

The screen on my Apple Phone 7 of recent calls is completely cloudy and was 2 weeks ago. It was checked at the apple store and supposedly fixed. No it is cloudy with no reason. I haven,t dropped it. weather. no. Please advise

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 7?

What does that mean I dont know your vernacular.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your 7? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the Apple store 2 weeks ago after this had happpened 3 times in a few days. They apparently check it and said it was a system thing. I was sent on my way.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my only phone and I can call out but cant see the screen at all just blue and red colors

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First I would try and do the following:

Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work you can try and connect the iphone to your computer to try and do an update even though it may have the most recent update. That is because this will reinstall the iOS that makes your phone run. Then if that does not work you will have ruled everything out as far as it being a software issue. This means if this does not work that it would be a hardware issue that needs to be fixed in person either by apple or a apple certified local tech store in your area. It sounds like a hardware issue since it has happened multiple times but like I said its all you can do and its worth a try. Here is what to do. You will need a computer and have itunes installed. If you do not have itunes installed see this link to install. https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ then with the phone plugged into your computer here are the steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. This is the most important step. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose UPDATE. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.