Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently changed my music (media) file path to a WD unit…

Customer Question
I recently changed...

I recently changed my music (media) file path to a WD unit on my network and that is where my files are. Since then I added files to my library. No problem. However, the new files are in my old media file on C;Users/ etc.. I tried consolidating those files to my WD but keep getting an error 50 message. Not sure why. Maybe a file name length issue. I do not want to bring in more music if I can't get in my WD.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I reset the password ***** my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. just want to consolidate and direct new tunes to the correct music destination

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 5 days by:
11/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 7 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you. Do you get any other error messages when trying to get the music moved.

I have resolved this issue on my own

I am happy that you have resolved the issue and thank you for using justanswers. I would ask for a rating of 3 at the top of the page.

I will be able to close this request out with this rating.