Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just added a trial subscription on my Ipad Mini. Can I…

Customer Question
Hi, I just...

Hi, I just added a trial subscription on my Ipad Mini. Can I access Apple music on multiple devices? If so, how do I access from my MacBook Pro. I have added a few songs to my library on the Ipad, but would like to have access to them on my MacBook too. Possible ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 6 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did, but got stuck with the need for 2 passwords. An Apple ID and then another password ***** all other devices. What's that about ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
you can set up an Apple Music family plan
Open Music.
Tap For You.
Tap your avatar.
Tap View Apple ID.
Scroll down and tap Subscriptions.
Tap Apple Music Membership.
Tap Family.
Tap Confirm to switch your Apple Music account over to a family plan.

Apple Music allows up to 6 devices with the same Apple ID to be signed into a single user Apple Music account. However, you cannot stream music to more than one device at a time. If you both wish to stream music at the same time, you must first set up one of you with a separate Apple ID, then set up Family Share and then sign up for the Family version of Apple Music (which will cost $15 per month instead of $10 when the trial ends).

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.