Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My desktop is running slow, plenty of the spinning rainbow…

Customer Question
My desktop is running...

My desktop is running slow, plenty of the spinning rainbow ball - is there someway to clean the desktop up? I went to activity monitor but couldn't figure out anything to do.

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Mac or device?

Not sure but not terribly long ago - when I did update, I went to system preferences and typed in a search for updates - is this the best way to do it? I don't seem to get the updates notification anymore

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

os x yosemite 10.10.5
thanks but I'm signing off

Ok, you will have a list of things you need to do for your mac version.

It will take a bit to put it together. Just reply when you are ready to continue

to get the written portion and please disregard any automated offers sent unless you

wanted that feature. Only reply to written responses 'here' with me.