Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Upgraded to 11. something, must have messed up - Haven't…

Customer Question
Upgraded to 11. something...

Upgraded to 11. something, must have messed up - Haven't been able to use the pad since - Bill

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Have new iPad, bought in Atlanta about a year ago - Had it working fine, then upgraded to latest OS, have forgotten password ***** She no work -

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to establish new password, don't remember the old one - Bill

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you tried to reset your apple password ***** yet?

Do you have another device to do this?

What happens when you try to reset?

Do you remember the email the ipad is attached to?

Not interested in more expenditure - Based on what it has cost me in lost funds so far - Cheaper to smash iPad, and start new -
Originally, I believe attached to***@******.*** or***@******.*** - Believe currently using***@******.***
After upgrading the OS, which I should have left alone, tried to reset too many times, got locked out - Went to local Apple store, they did something, and things got worse - Have been unable to use pad for weeks -

We are not a free service.

I am tech support. Only you and customer service can see that side of your account.

You have a couple of options here depending on how you accessed it in the past.

You can try to reset your password ***** like this:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:

If you cannot reset, you can still gain access if you have used icloud/itune with your device like this:

Erase your device with iTunes to remove your passcode

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.
  4. After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore [your device].
  5. When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
  6. Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Your last reply just came in. This link is for a disabled ipad. It is also listed above, but has more information

on this:

https://www.engadget.com/2014/02/11/how-to-fix-an-ipad-thats-been-disabled-after-entering-the-wrong/

These are your options for your ipad.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

OK - I will try the procedure you have written - If it works, great - If not, they will hear me all over the place - This is one very frustrating exorcise - Bill

I understand. Update me with results when done please and any errors if you run into trouble. We will go from there.

Make sure you use the one link i left you at the bottom for disabled first for recovery. Then move through the steps.

OK - Bill

.