Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't call numbers that are not in my address book. The…

Customer Question
I can't call numbers...

I can't call numbers that are not in my address book. The screen is fuzzy and illegible. This is a new phone and it happened once before. I tried last evening to reboot. Not sure if I'm doing it right. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an Apple 7, IMEI # is352031070242630

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

It happened once before and I held down the on button and the other button until I got a black screen and eventually the apple logo appeared. I tried that last night and NOTHING WORKED. I need a dependable phone!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

What else is there to tell? The phone is only a couple of months old.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 4 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side

While continuing to hold the On/Off button, press and hold the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone.

Hold both buttons as the screen turns off, and keep holding them until the screen turns back on and displays the Apple logo.

Do you have the issue after the forced restart?

Nov.23,2017 8:42AM Once again, I tried to reboot (did this a number of times last evening and it would not work) This time it worked and I can finally get the screen to call a number that is not in my address book. I no longer need your help. Please refund my deposit. I am beginning to hate this phone. It is a holiday and can't reach anyone directly. This is bad.

I am glad to hear that I was able to fix your issue -- Our service is a paid service; not a refundable service.

I do not need any help now, I fixed the problem before you responded. I want the original $5.00 refunded and I do not want to establish any contracts with you.
Since you did not fix my problem I do not expect to pay or be billed for anything.

Sure; you can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

I fixed this issue two minutes before your "fix" message was sent to me. All clear....no charge.

Mike, Mac Medic