Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got a new i phone yesterday and it seems to be on silent. I…

Customer Question
Got a new i...

Got a new i phone yesterday and it seems to be on silent. I have turned the volume up on the side buttons but still no audible ring in. Help

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Where do I find that. I am a bit tec challenged !

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

New yesterday. I have just to switch up the volume button on the side.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's it I think

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

where the volume buttons are, there should be a little button that you can click up and down. This is the "mute" button. NO matter if the volume is all the way up, if this switch is on (which it may show an orange color when on" then you know its on mute.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

See this page for diagrams to find this button I am speaking of. On the pic its called ring/silent

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203017