Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It won't turn on, maybe a few months ago, I've plugged it in…

Customer Question
It won't turn on ...

It won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

Maybe a few months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I've plugged it in and t still doesn't do anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your device, such as iPad, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, etc.?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

iPhone 6s

On your iPhone 6s, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Does that do anything? Is there any power / light? Is there anything on the iPhone 6s' screen at all?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

nothing happened when i pressed the buttons. no power no light

I'm sorry. When you plug in the power outlet to charge, does it show any life? While charging, can you press and hold those two buttons for about 12 seconds again?

Do you have another charger to try?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

I tried both of those things. no signs of power

I'm sorry, so you've tried with another charger, and it's still not working. It looks like it's hardware issue. Since you just got your iPhone a few months ago, it is under warranty. Where did you purchase it from?

i purchased it 1 year ago. I got it from the apple store in short pump, VA

Can you please check your warranty status at the website below:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com

Please let me know. Thank you.

If needed, you can also request warranty repair at the website below:

https://getsupport.apple.com

Do you need help with any other electronics / computer question / issue today?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you for your patience.